Summer Stop Motion Animation Camp for Kids (5-8)
Our Summer Camp runs Mondays-Fridays from June 14- Sep 10, 2021
Held live in-person in our light airy studio space in Dumbo, Brooklyn
Stop Motion Animation campers will be guided through the steps of producing their very own stop-motion clip. Explore a variety of materials to create stop-motion’s objects, set, figures & props using paper, clay, drawings, Lego, and other materials. With the use of a simple App, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to work with, students devise fantastic movies with cool themes, titles, sound effects plus a whole host of unique features with amazing effects to give movies an extra-creative and unique touch. By the end of your Camp Day you will have your very own clip ready to Upload to YouTube!
- An iPad, Tablet or Laptop is required, please bring it with you to camp.
- An appropriate charger for your device.
- We do NOT supply Laptops or tablets and children are not allowed to share.
- Siblings who are participating will need their own device to complete the project
- Please download the “Stop Motion Animation” App ($4.99) to your device prior to Camp
What to bring:
- A Mask (masks are mandatory & must cover the nose & mouth fully.
- A packed lunch (lunch is at 12-1pm & will be chaperoned & taken in Brooklyn Bridge Park, weather permitting
- A water bottle or drink, any snacks you require (snacks & drinks are not to be shared with other students or staff)
- Hand Sanitizer (we have hand sanitizer dispensers, but we also advise bringing your own personal stash)
- Sign up options
Sign up for discounted Camp PKS
Full Day Animation Camp PKG * 1 WK Monday-Friday 9am-4pm REG $ 750 NOW**** $695
Single day Sign up 9am-4pm * single day $150 or Select any 5 dates use discount code CAMP5PK $50 OFF
Please note we have limited spots available in our Animation Camp, please sign up early to reserve your spot.Limited availability, first come first serve.
During the ongoing crisis, CWAS has implemented safety restrictions in line with current NY and CDC Guidelines. Anyone attending an in person camp must agree to cooperate with our safety protocol.
- It is mandatory for all Campers to wear a mask that fully covers nose & mouth upon entering our studio & at all times during the camp session.
- No masks are to be removed while in the studio for any reason.
- Social distance must be observed at all times (as recommended a distance of at least 6 feet apart)
- As we limit traffic to our studio, we ask that any drop off or pick up parent/guardian remain outside.
- If a parent/ guardian insists in entering at drop off or pick up they must wear a mask to cover their nose & mouth & maintain social distance with all staff and students.
- Only one guardian can enter per camper, no other family members can attend unless registered for a camp.
- We do not allow parents or guardians to attend camp during this time.
- If your child is nervous to attend on their own, we suggest signing up for one of our classes instead where there are less students or book a Private session.
- Please do not bring any non-essential items to our studio, particularly any soft toys, extra clothes, scooters, bags etc
- We do not allow children to share food or drinks.
- Please speak with your children prior to attending of what is expected of them
- For anyone who is not comfortable with adhering to our safety guidelines we suggest signing up for online sessions.
- We appreciate how tough it is to adapt in these challenging times & thank you for your cooperation!