Each class will go as follows:
– Choose the animal for today (from the list below)
– Learn background information about the chosen animal including where they live, what they eat, what they do, etc.
– Review basic shapes and math terms including squares, circles, lines, parallel lines, etc.
– Choose the materials we would like to use (pencil, crayons, colored pencils, markers, dry erase markers and whiteboard, paper, etc.)
– Use the shapes and selected materials to draw the animal
– Time permitting, students will also draw the habitat
– We will show our drawings to the whole class
My teaching style:
– I love facilitating engaging discussions among learners, giving positive feedback on work, and helping students however I can.
– Since this is a drawing course, there may be times in which students are quietly working and focused on their work. This does not necessarily mean that students are not engaging, but typically will demonstrate quite the opposite – they are so engaged in their work that they aren’t having conversations!
Animals to choose from (this will be determined by vote during class since students will come and go, and I want students to have a say in what we are doing). More animals have been added by learner request.