Each weekday (Monday-Friday) students will check in for the daily routine and share what is going on in their lives. This will be a discussion heavy class that encourages students to follow along and speak out loud. My teaching style is one that encourages everyone to be heard, respected, and valued.
Students should be able to follow along with the alphabet, numbers, months of the year, and days of the week with 60-80% accuracy at the start of taking this course.
Daily Routine (this will be the same routine each day of the week):
– Listening Song
– Discuss feelings
– Days of the week
– Months of the year
– What’s the weather / season for you?
– Practice Colors
– Practice Shapes (basic or advanced shapes depending on student ability)
– Practice counting to 100s (by ones or tens depending on time)
– Letters is the Alphabet
– Sharing time
Extra (depending on time and ability):
– Counting by 5s, 2s, or 3s
– CVC words
– sight words
– rhyming words
– The Flower Game (spelling game)